Microsoft Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d
Microsoft Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d showing activation issues are due to corrupted Windows activator files which deal with the program licensing and activation for the computer.
The issues causing the above errors can be fixed using some simple steps as follows.
Activation using csscript
- Press “Windows +R” to open the run command.
- In the run command type “cmd” and press enter to open the command prompt.
- In command prompt, type the following script without errors and press enter.
- CSScript: “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs” /inpkey:<enter your product key>”
The above steps will resolve the Microsoft Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d.
Registration of dll(Dynamic Link Library) dependencies
- Press “Windows +R” to get the run prompt window.
- Type the code as “regsvr32 Officestart.dll” and press enter.
- The missing or unregistered dll files of Microsoft office program will get fixed by performing the above step of registration in the computer.
Disable Firewall blocking TCP 1688
In some of the cases, the Microsoft Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d may be happened due to an automatically enabled firewall setting that blocks the Transfer Control protocol by which the Microsoft Office shows an activation error.
- Type “control” in the run window to open the control panel.
- Select “Windows Firewall” option in the control panel.
- Click on “disable Firewall” option to turn off Firewall settings which could be the main cause of these particular issues.
Removal and re-installation of Microsoft Office
- Press “Windows + R” to open the run window and type “appwiz.cpl”.
- Select “Microsoft Office” from the list of installed programs and click on “uninstall/change” button to remove the program completely from the computer.
- Reinstall a fresh copy of desired Microsoft office program to fix the Microsoft Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d.