Error code 12002-4 when installing Office
Step 1. System File Checker Method
- Open Command prompt by typing “cmd” in Run command box.
- Type “sfc /scannow” and click enter
- The command will check and verify the system files in your computer.
- If there is any error found, it will automatically repair and fix the error.
- Try re-installing Office and check the status.
If System file checker (sfc) doesn’t work, Please follow the instructions below.Chat with an Expert technician.
Step 2. Turn Off your Anti Virus
Turn Off your Anti Virus protection temporarily for the installation of the Product.
- Open the Anti Virus Console installed.
- Temporarily disable the “real time protection” from the advanced settings options.
- Check whether there is any other security enabled on your computer.
- If found, temporarily disable or pause the protection.
- Try re-installing office
If Turn Off of Anti Virus doesn’t work, Please follow the instructions below.
Step 3. Temporarily turn off firewall
- Open “Windows Firewall” from “Control Panel”.
- Disable the Protection temporarily by clicking on “Turn on or Off Windows Firewall” option available.
- Try to installing Office again.
If the Firewall disabling doesn’t work, Please follow the instructions below.
Step 4 . Remove and Reinstall
Remove the current version of Office product installed on your computer
- Open Run Command by pressing the “Windows + R” key on the keyboard.
- In the Run windows type “appwiz.cpl” and click Ok.
- Under Programs and Features list look for the Office Program installed on the computer.
- If found, uninstall the Office program.
- Try to reinstall the Microsoft office again.
- You can install the office program from your office account.
If removing and reinstall Office doesn’t work, Please follow the instructions below.
How to install Microsoft Office Program.
- Login to http://office.com/myaccount.
- Enter the log in credentials, Email ID and password.
- Once it is logged in, Click on the Install button right below the purchased Office.
- Click on the downloaded file option and proceed with the installation.
- Office installation will start after checking the system configuration.
- Once installation is completed, click on “All Done” button.
- Now, the Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
- You may check and verify if the Microsoft Office applications are working fine.
You can share your thoughts on this post Error code 12002-4 to Microsoft Fix Now. Kindly use the online live chat support text field available with the page for further tech support or for an expert service to solve Error code 12002-4 in Microsoft office installation.