Error code 0x80072f8f and 800f0092 while installing office
You might see Error code 0x80072f8f and 800f0092 while installing office in windows computer. The error code 0x80072f8f and 800f0092 which are caused due to conflicts or corruptions in the windows installer registry files can be resolved using the below given steps.
Step-1 – Fix Error Code 0x80072f8f in Microsoft Office
Remove residual corrupted registry files
It is recommended to remove corrupted registry files in order to fix Error code 0x80072f8f and 800f0092 for installing Microsoft Office.
Follow the steps to remove the residual corrupted files:
- Open Run Command Box.
- Type “regedit” in the “run” command window and press enter.
- Expand to the location the My Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Current Version key by clicking on the plus (+) sign next to it.
- Expand “software” folder and find out the registry files for the already removed programs.
- Clear the unwanted registry files.
- Try installing Office program again.
(It is highly recommended that the above steps should be done only by a trained technician.)
Start windows installer services
Sometime the windows installer service may block the installation as it is not yet started for the installation of Microsoft Office. It is advised to start the windows installer services to install Microsoft Office.
Follow the steps to install Microsoft Office:
- Press “Windows+ R” and type “services.msc” to open the services dialog box.
- Find the “Windows Installer” service file from the list
- Double click to open the Windows Installer properties.
- Press “start” to re-enable the installer services.
- Try installing Microsoft Office again.
The error code 0x80072f8f and 800f0092 could be resolved using the offline installation of Microsoft office since these errors may also occur due to some streaming and port failure issues.
- Check for the version of Microsoft Office compatible for the Operating System installed in your computer.
- Download the offline version of Microsoft office.
- Perform a complete installation using recommended settings using the downloaded Installer.
Re-installation of Microsoft office.
If the above steps did not worked in installing Microsoft Office. The error code 0x80072f8f and 800f0092 could be resolved by re-installing the office program.
Follow the steps to Remove preinstalled office:
- Open control panel and select Programs and features.
- Check for previously installed Office versions.
- Right click on the program and select uninstall.
- Re-install the Microsoft office program.