Error code 30068-4, 3018-4, 30045-26, or 0-1028(0) Office Installation
The errors 30068-4, 3018-4, 30045-26, 0-1028(0) or 30068-4 while installing Microsoft Office which might be caused due to the presence of some corrupted files of preinstalled versions of Office in the computer can be rectified using the following steps.
Complete Disk clean up
- Press “ Windows + R ” to open the run command.
- In the run command box, type “control” to open the run command.
- Select “Administrative tools” option from the control panel menu.
- Select “disk cleanup” option by double clicking on it.
- Choose the drive to be cleaned up from the drop down menu and click “Ok”.
- From “Disk Cleanup for OS” window, choose the type of files to be cleaned.
- Click “Ok”.
- Click on “Delete files” option in the pop up dialog box.
Enabling stopped Installer services
- Open the run window by pressing “windows + R” in your computer.
- Type “services.msc” to open the services window.
- Select “Windows Installer” under “services (local)” option.
- Double “Windows installer” to open the properties.
- Click on “start” option to re enable the Windows Installer service.
Disabling Windows Firewall option
In some cases, the Windows firewall will block the installation of Microsoft office by providing the error codes 30068-4, 3018-4, 30045-26, 0-1028(0) or 30068-4.
- Open the control panel from “start” option.
- Select “windows firewall” option.
- Click on “turn Windows firewall on or off” options.
- Select “turn off firewall” options in the window to turn off the Windows fire wall in the computer.
Removal of previous version of MS Office and reinstallation
- Select “control panel” from “start” window.
- Select “programs and features” options.
- Select Microsoft office from the available list of installed programs.
- Click “uninstall/change” option.
- This will remove the currently installed version of Microsoft office from the computer.
- Re install the desired version of Microsoft office.