Microsoft Office Installation Error code 30174-4 & 30180-4
The error code 30174-4 or 30180-4 while installing office is due to the errors and corruptions in the windows installer files associated with Microsoft Office during an unsuccessful installation or uninstall of program in the computer.
The issues causing the above errors can be fixed using some efficient steps as follows.
The proxy settings enabled on the computer network connection may also blocks the installation of Microsoft office and throw Error code 30174-4 or 30180-4 while installing Office. It is recommended to temporarily disable the proxy settings to install office program.
- In the command prompt, type the below command to disable proxy settings which blocks the Office installation giving the 30174-4 or 30180-4 while installing office.
- Type “netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie” and press enter.
- The above step will disable proxy settings which blocks the successful installation of Microsoft office in the computer.
Registration of dll(Dynamic Link Library) dependencies
- Press “Windows +R” to get the run prompt window.
- Type the code as “regsvr32 Officestart.dll” and press enter.
- The missing or unregistered dll files of Microsoft office program will get fixed by performing the above step of registration in the computer.
Disk clean up
The temporary files in the computer may also blocks the installation of Microsoft office with Error code 30174-4 or 30180-4 while installing Office. To fix the issue caused by temporary files it is recommended to perform disk clean up on the computer.
- Press “Windows + R ” to open the Run command and type “control” to open the control panel.
- From the control panel window, select “Administrative tools”.
- Double click the “disk cleanup” option.
- Choose the drive to be cleaned up and press “Ok”.
- Choose the type of files to be cleaned from ““Disk Cleanup for OS” option.
- Click “Ok” to continue.
- Click on “Delete files” option to initiate the clean up process.
Removal and re-installation of Microsoft Office
If the above steps did not fixed the issue it is recommended to perform a re-installation of the Microsoft office program.
- Press “Windows + R” to open the run window and type “appwiz.cpl”.
- Check for pre installed office program.
- Select “Microsoft Office” from the list of installed programs and click on “uninstall/change” button to remove the program completely from the computer.
- Reinstall a fresh copy of desired Microsoft office program to fix the 30174-4 or 30180-4 while installing office.