Error code 30029, 30029-4, 30045-6 or 30029-1007 when installing Office
The chances of receiving the error codes 30029, 30029-4, 30045-6 or 30029-1007 while installing or removing Microsoft Office from the computer is mainly due to the presence of some erroneous residual files of a pre installed software in the computer. These erroneous leftovers should be removed and repaired inorder to resolve the issues with the installation of Microsoft office.
These issues can be fixed by following the below given steps.
Running a disk cleanup in the computer.
Disc clean up is a process in which all the unused and corrupted files in the drives are listed and removed so that any issues caused by them can be identified and fixed easily. The steps to perform disc clean up are as given below.
- Press “ + R ” to open the run command.
- In the run command box, type “control”.
- Select “Administrative tools” from the control panel menu.
- Select “disk cleanup” option by double clicking on it.
- Choose the drive in which the program is installed from the drop down menu and click “Ok”.
- Choose the type of files to be cleaned from “Disk Cleanup for OS” window.
- Click “Ok”.
- Click on “Delete files” option in the prompted dialog box.
Removing unwanted Registry files (Recommended to be done only by a trained technician).
If you are well trained in working with registry files and their modification, you can follow the below steps to remove the unwanted residual registry files of a previously installed version of Microsoft Office. The below given are the steps to search and remove the leftovers of old version of Office registry keys.
- Press “+ R” to open the run command.
- Type “regedit” in the available window.
- Back up the existing registry before making the changes to avoid chance of negative impact on the software.
- Click on “files” and select “export”.
- Select “All” files in the “Export range” panel.
- Browse and select a location to save the export files.
- Expand the My Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Current Version key by clicking on the plus (+) sign next to it.
- Remove any application listings which have already been uninstalled.
- Remove unwanted start-up items.
System File Checker method
System File Checker scan allows the user to look for some possible corruptions in the basic system files in the computer and to resolve them using some simple commands. the below given is the step to perform an SFC scan in the computer.
- Press “ + R ” to open the run command
- Type “cmd” and press “enter” to open the command prompt
- Type “sfc –scannow” in the available command prompt window and press “enter” key.
- The scan automatically detects and resolve the errors and corruptions in the basic file system which can cause the errors 30029, 30029-4, 30045-6 or 30029-1007 during the installation of Microsoft Office.
Complete removal and re-installation of Microsoft Office
We need to perform a complete removal an reinstallation of Office as the final step to fix the issues permanently from the computer caused due to unsuccessful installation or removal of the software. So it is recommended to un-install and reinstall the Microsoft Office program to resolve the issues if the issues persists using the below given steps.
- Press “+ R ” to open the rum command
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the window.
- Select “Microsoft office” under program list by clicking on it.
- Click on “uninstall/change” to remove the Microsoft office completely.
- Reinstall Microsoft office after complete removal of the program.
For professional assistance, Click Here.