Error code 30016-26, 1018-13, 30068-4(2), 30183-4 or 30015-11 while installing Office
These critical errors 30016-26, 1018-13, 30068-4(2), 30183-4 or 30015-11 while installing Microsoft Office are some of the frequently recurring errors. These errors occurs due to the corruption of programs in the application layer and they can be resolved by following the below given simple steps.
Disabling Antivirus temporarily
The antivirus software installed in the computer sometimes detects the office installation exe file as virus or some other malicious content based on their database. This might block Microsoft Office program from being successfully installed causing the errors 30016-26, 1018-13, 30068-4(2), 30183-4 or 30015-11. Disabling the antivirus temporarily in the computer might help us in resolving the issue.
- Open the Installed Antivirus console.
- Select settings options from the console.
- Select the “real time protection” option and disable that until next reboot.
- Try reinstalling the Microsoft office.
Reset Internet Explorer security
The below given are the steps to be followed to reset the Internet Explorer security level.
- Press “Windows +R” and enter “inetcpl.cpl” to access the internet explorer settings.
- Select “security” tab under the Internet properties window.
- Click “reset all zones to default level”
- Press “apply” and “Ok” to finish the reset process.
Repairing corrupted system files
The corrupted system files which blocks the successful installation of Office can be found out using the System File Checker scan. The below given are the steps to run SFC (System File Checker) scan in the computer.
- Press “windows +R”.
- Type “cmd” and press enter.
- Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
The above step will fix the errors in the basic system files and thus fix the errors 30016-26, 1018-13, 30068-4(2), 30183-4 or 30015-11
Removal of previous version of MS Office and re-installation
The presence of a previously installed version of Microsoft Office or some residual corrupted files of an older version of Office will lead to some serious issues while installing a fresh copy of MS Office in the computer. The steps to remove the older version of Office is as given below.
- Select “control panel” from “start” window.
- Select “programs and features” options.
- Select Microsoft office from the available list of installed programs.
- Click “uninstall/change” option. This will remove the currently installed version of Microsoft office from the computer.
- Re install the desired version of Microsoft office.