Error code 30102-11 (1603) while installing Microsoft Office
Error code 30102-11 (1603) while installing Microsoft office is due to registry corruption or network collaboration. It can also occur due to the registry errors and string value changes. It can also block the office program installation being carried out successfully in the computer.
Performing the below steps given in the article in exact order will help you in resolving the error code in Microsoft office.
Disable anti-virus software
Antivirus software installed on the computer may also affect the network connection and it throws Error code 30102-11 (1603). It also make the network connection to lag, make stream error and socket connection issues. Disable the antivirus temporarily for installation of Office program. It is also a recommended step, if not fixed in offline installation.
Steps to disable antivirus:
- Open antivirus console
- Tap on settings
- Select real time protection
- Turn off the real time protection and select until next reboot
- Try installing Microsoft office again.
The Proxy setting enabled on your Internet connection may also affect the installation of Microsoft office. It pops the Error code 30102-11 (1603) while installing Microsoft office from the online setup.
It is recommended to disable the proxy settings temporarily. The same will helps to install Microsoft office without the error message such as couldn’t stream, execution and registry error.
Follow the steps to disable Proxy settings:
- Press windows key and R key
- Type “appwiz.cpl”
- In internet properties tap on connection
- Select LAN settings
- Uncheck the proxy settings
- Click Apply and OK
- Try installing Microsoft Office again
Checking and re-enabling the Windows Installer file settings
Office installation may also get stopped, if the Windows installer service is not running or enabled.
- Type Windows key+ R to open the run command.
- In the run command box, type “services.msc”.
- Right click on the “windows installer” file from the list and click on “properties”.
- Enable Windows installer action by clicking on “start” option available.
Disk Clean Up
The temporary files in your computer may also blocks the extraction and installation of new Office program files. It may throw Error code 30102-11 (1603) while installing Office 365, office 2016 and office 2013 due to the temporary left over files.
Perform a disk clean up to remove the temporary files in the computer and then try installing the office program.
Follow the steps to perform disk clean up:
- Windows key + R
- Type “cleanmgr” in the run command box.
- Select Drive C
- Select the temporary file folders listed in the disk clean up box.
- Click Ok to proceed and clean up the temporary files.
Disable security Firewall temporarily.
Firewall of computer may also block the office installation. It makes a non-responsive replay from the installer. It is recommended to disable the windows firewall, if the installation does not give any response while installing Microsoft office.
- Click the Windows Firewall to Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
- In the search box, type firewall, and then click on Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Administrator permission required for password or confirmation. Type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect. Then click OK.
Complete removal and reinstallation of Microsoft Office
Another problem is erroneous residual files during the installation or un-installation of previous versions of Microsoft office. It also causes the error code.
So, if the issue persists after performing the above steps, un-installation and reinstallation of the Microsoft Office program may help to resolve the issues.
- Windows key + R to open the rum command.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the available window.
- Select Microsoft office under installed program list.
- Click on “uninstall/change” to remove the Microsoft office completely.
- Reinstall Microsoft office after complete removal of the program.
How to download and install Microsoft Office
Refer below given are some simple steps to download and install Microsoft Office from a Microsoft Office account.
Sign in to Microsoft Account.
- Open the web browser in the computer.
- Enter the url as” www.office.com” in the address bar and press enter.
- Enter the log in credentials of Microsoft Office account in the columns provided.
- Click on “sign in” option where you will be redirected to your personal Microsoft Account page.
- You will be able to see the purchased Microsoft Office version in your Microsoft Office account page.
- Click on “Install” button under the Microsoft office suit that you have already purchased.
- The Microsoft office suit will now start downloading.
Installing Microsoft office
- Once the download is completed and set up file of Microsoft Office in “Downloads” folder in your computer.
- Double click the set up file which initiates the installation of Microsoft office in your computer.
- Select the “recommended settings” options to continue the installation when prompted.
- Wait till the installation gets completed successfully.
- Click on “done” or “finish” button to start using your newly installed Microsoft office.
Please click this link to get expert advice if you find any difficulty in installing Microsoft office in your computer.